Monday, May 28, 2012

Kentucky and Tennessee 2012 Trip Day 4 - May 28th - 225 Miles


View Day 4 May 2012 Trip in a larger map

The last day of this trip consisted of 225 miles of Illinois Expressway riding, which was extremely boring. I departed the hotel in Mattoon, IL at 7AM the morning of Memorial Day in an attempt to beat the rain that was supposed to start back home around noon. I have to admit that the first 180 miles or so were very peaceful, as there were very few vehicles out on Interstate 57. I easily averaged 70 MPH, helping shorten up my riding time a bit.

The morning started in the mid-70s, and raised significantly by the time I reached the Kankakee area. I stopped for gas here and saw a listing of the lower 90s at a local bank. Since I keep my I-Pass in my left coat pocket, I kept my jacket on for the remaining hour of the ride. However, the traffic mostly flowed, so I never got too hot. By the way...I only needed the I-Pass in the Chicagoland area. I didn't miss that one bit!

I arrived home just before noon, and never saw a drop of rain. I have to admit, with a sore back, neck, knee, and tingling right hand, that I do not believe I would have made the 5 day trip I originally planned.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live! Stay safe, and a reminder to the cagers: CHECK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCLES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment